Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A MOTHER'S LOVE

It is so inspiring that prior to this day I had the chance to see an aviary wherein there are 10 beautiful birds in it. I noticed one bird since the 1st day I saw it who never left her nest. I wondered why it is so while the other birds are flying all over the place. Yesterday I found out why. When I looked, I saw her feeding a newborn baby bird in the nest. It was such a sight since it is my first time to actually see live, a mother bird feeding her young. I never realized that they could be so protective and affectionate to their young. Everybody who saw it stopped and just enjoyed such a moving display of a mother’s love. It became even more touching when the father bird huddled close to the mother bird as in a protective embrace. I couldn't contain my amazement that I had to run and get my camera and took a picture of them. It was such a picture of one happy family. It is a consolation to know that we have a good mother who cares and loves us more than any mother could do. This is no other than our
Blessed Mother Mary whose birthday we are celebrating today. Everything that has been foretold about Jesus was fulfilled. It is through Mary's cooperation and obedience to God that it all came to be. On this special day, the birthday of Mary, the mother of Jesus our God and also our mother we come to her as her children longing to be in her tight embrace and be part of that one big blessed family of God. Amen. Hallelujah!

Micah 5:1-4a (or Romans 8:28-30)
...she who is to give birth has borne, and the rest of his brethren shall return...

Just think of this, if a bird is capable of such a noble and admirable act of love toward her young, how much more us, humans. To top it all we are assured of the love and care of the most perfect human mother who ever lived on earth. Praise and thank God for His goodness in sharing to mankind His mother, Mary, a heavenly mother. Amen. Halllelujah!

Psalm 13:6ab, 6c
R: With delight I rejoice in the Lord.
5 [6] Though I trusted in your mercy. Let my heart rejoice in your salvation. (R) Let me sing of the LORD, “He has been good to me.”


In today's gospel we are reminded of this wonderful story of the holiest family who ever lived on earth. What's most important is that we should be aware that we are part of that touching, inspiring and full of affection family that God has given us. The awe and wonder of this truth should never leave us and carry it always in our hearts and minds for it is written, "God is with us." Amen. Hallelujah!

Matthew 1:1-16, 18-23
...Now this is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about. When his mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, but before they lived together, she was found with child through the Holy Spirit. 19 Joseph her husband, since he was a righteous man, yet unwilling to expose her to shame, decided to divorce her quietly. 20 Such was his intention when, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary your wife into your home. For it is through the Holy Spirit that this child has been conceived in her. 21 She will bear a son and you are to name him Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.” 22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23 “Behold, the virgin shall be with child and bear a son, and they shall name him Emmanuel,” which means “God is with us.”

No comments:

Post a Comment