Thursday, September 16, 2010

JESUS IS OUR REASON

All the readings for today point to an overwhelming truth that no matter how sinful and broken we are, God is able to do wonders for us. In today’s 1st reading Paul said that he is the least of the Apostles or not even fit to be called an apostle and yet he became what he is, all because of the tremendous grace of God. We should focus on the greatness of God’s power and never underestimate or overlook what He is able to do for us. Amen. Hallelujah!

1 Cor 15:1-11
...For I am the least of the Apostles, not fit to be called an Apostle, because I persecuted the Church of God. But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me has not been ineffective. Indeed, I have toiled harder than all of them; not I, however, but the grace of God that is with me.


We can rely on God’s goodness and build confidence on that knowing that with God on our side we are undefeated. His might knows no limits and His power is able to do wonderful things beyond our imagination. Amen. Hallelujah!


Ps 118:1b-2, 16ab-17, 28Responsorial Psalm
R. (1) Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.
"The right hand of the LORD is exalted; the right hand of the Lord has struck with power." I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD.


Sometimes we cringe at the thought of being embarrassed and humiliated. This is just natural because some people could really be discreetly rude and mean that there is no getting away with it. This is why we have second thoughts and hesitate before we engage ourselves into doing something especially if it would unavoidably attract attention. This is a wise move actually because we have to really watch our actions so as not to cause any scandal or chaos of some sort. We all differ in how we do things. In the way of showing our affection, we all have our own ways and means in making it known to the one we love and care for. Not everybody shares the same opinion and stance on a single matter. Some may find it very good but others may just dismiss such act as nothing or worse could think of it as just a fake, a show or a lack of taste and finesse. Whatever it may be, it is our call and we have to make sure that it would be worth it. During the time of Jesus, untying a woman’s hair in public is considered scandalous. This sinful woman being spoken of today in the gospel did just that. None of these discouraging and degrading remarks that were hurled at her by the scribes, Pharisees and the people around her stopped her from doing what she did. In the same way that nothing should be in the way when we approach Jesus. We are assured that Jesus does not judge by human standards and can surely see through the depths our hearts. When we take risks or cross some lines it is always a consolation to know that it would all be worth it if we do it knowing that Jesus is our reason. Amen. Hallelujah!

Lk 7:36-50
..."Do you see this woman? When I entered your house, you did not give me water for my feet, but she has bathed them with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You did not give me a kiss, but she has not ceased kissing my feet since the time I entered. You did not anoint my head with oil, but she anointed my feet with ointment. So I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven; hence, she has shown great love. But the one to whom little is forgiven, loves little."

No comments:

Post a Comment