Saturday, September 11, 2010

HOUSE ON ROCK

We must consider everything that we do as an offering to God just like bread and wine. We offer to the Lord the work of our hands and consider it a communion and participation in the Body & Blood of Christ. We go through life without realizing this truth in today's 1st reading. We end up missing the whole point and not reaping the benefits that we are supposed to get from it. The key lies in lifting up all that we go through, whether it's good or bad to the Lord with joyful hope in prayer. Amen. Hallelujah!

1 Cor 10:14-22
...The cup of blessing that we bless, is it not a participation in the Blood of Christ? The bread that we break, is it not a participation in the Body of Christ?

It is only right and fitting that we honor our vows and promises as today’s psalm is telling us. This shows how grateful, confident and assured we are of the Lord’s goodness. Amen. Hallelujah!


Ps 116:12-13, 17-18Responsorial Psalm
R. (17) To you, Lord, I will offer a sacrifice of praise.
How shall I make a return to the LORD for all the good he has done for me? ...My vows to the LORD I will pay in the presence of all his people.

Once again I am reminded of my mother because of this bible passage in today’s gospel. When she first came to the US and visited several wonderful places she told me that the best place she had been to is Texas because of this particular place called House on Rock. There are lots of beautiful and spectacular places that are very famous in the US and I don’t think this House on Rock rings a bell. I have asked a few people and they have never heard of it. Knowing my mother, I just know and feel that this particular place that she considered most beautiful is mostly based on the fact that it is a reminder of this bible passage from today’s gospel which happens to be one of her favorites too. Amen. Hallelujah!


Lk 6:43-49Gospel
...I will show you what someone is like who comes to me, listens to my words, and acts on them. That one is like a man building a house, who dug deeply and laid the foundation on rock; when the flood came, the river burst against that house but could not shake it because it had been well built.

No comments:

Post a Comment