Thursday, September 9, 2010

A MOTHER'S LOVE II

I just couldn't contain my amazement with what happened the other day as I was looking at the birds in the aviary. It was very timely too that the inspiration I got from it is perfectly fitted for the occasion of Mama Mary's birthday and the assigned readings yesterday. I shared about this mother bird that never leaves her nest not even for a single moment in my reflection yesterday. I find it very interesting that in the several times I have been watching it, I have never seen it anywhere else but perched in the nest. This is why I can hardly see her young just its little head when it pokes out of the nest. I looked intently at the mother bird and told her as if it would understand me, to show me her baby bird. To my disbelief the mother bird as if it understood me flew a small distance away from the nest and exposed her young. It was not just one but 2 baby birds. This incident made me remember this article I read in the August 2010 issue of Reader's Digest entitled, "Amazing Pets" It was about the different kinds of pets that people have, showcasing their extraordinary abilities and most especially the bond and relationship they have developed with their masters. This kind of thing is not new anymore wherein we encounter this special connection between man and the other living creatures of this world. This should not surprise us anymore for today's 1st reading gives us the best explanation there is. Amen. Hallelujah!

1 Corinthians 8:1b-7, 11-13
...there is one God, the Father, from whom all things are and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and through whom we exist.


We should always be aware of this undeniable truth that God's Spirit dwells in each one of us. There is no reason to doubt what today's psalm speaks about with regards to our relationship with our Creator. We are all part of God's wonderful creation, all we have to do is be sensitive and respond to it as naturally as any other creature should to its fellow creatures and most especially to the One and Almighty God and Creator who made us all. Amen. Hallelujah!

Psalm 139:1b-3, 13-14ab, 23-24
R: Guide me, Lord, along the everlasting way.
1 O LORD, you have probed me and you know me; 2 you know when I sit and when I stand; you understand my thoughts from afar. 3 My journeys and my rest you scrutinize, with all my ways you are familiar. (R) 13 Truly you have formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother’s womb. 14 I give you thanks that I am fearfully, wonderfully made; wonderful are your works.


My mother was widowed at a very young age of 32 and left with our care when we were still very young, aged 4, 3 and 1. She never remarried and just devoted her life to us. She was not just our mother but stood as our father at the same time. She worked hard in order to provide for all our needs. As far as I can remember, we were never in want at any single time. My mother would always attribute this to God our Provider. She often said that widows and orphans are very special to the Lord. I have been sharing so much about this mother bird since yesterday and this passage from today's gospel inspired me to share about my own mother. I could never forget it because this passage is one of her favorites since I grew up always hearing her quote this. Amen. Hallelujah!


Luke 6:27-38
...Give and gifts will be given to you; a good measure, packed together, shaken down, and overflowing, will be poured into your lap. For the measure with which you measure will in return be measured out to you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment