Saturday, October 1, 2011

TOP PRIORITY

Yesterday I was wondering why the package that was already shipped a week ago is not yet delivered. Due to this I was confronted with a lot of concerns that really made me think hard. Not just that, I actually had to make some changes about my plans if the package would not arrive. I did not expect this to happen because I was sure I had calculated well the time frame for the package to arrive based on previous experience. It made me think hard and finally decided on different alternatives. As I was pondering about it and even came to a point of thinking that I should never have pushed through with it at all. I was already having that kind of feeling of regret that comes to us when set out to do something in order to bring about an intended purpose and it never came about. I really can't help it, but I guess I can't avoid or stop myself from thinking about it especially when we feel like we've just wasted time and energy on something. I was about to leave in order to move on to the next plan but first decided to check the tracking number of the package. As I was about to do it but my computer hanged several times which delayed me from leaving. As I was stalled that was then that I paused to say a prayer to my guardian angel. Lo and behold in just a few minutes I heard a truck pulled up in front with a man carrying my package. As I try to look back and figure out every single thing that happened I was already succumbing to doubt and regret. If the package had not arrived then I would be left behind with a lot of unfinished tasks that I have scheduled yesterday and prioritized but didn't work out as planned. I would not have been able to achieve what I originally planned. God is good since I got the package although delayed but just right in time. As in my ever famous and favorite bible passage in Habakkuk 2:3, "For the vision still has its time, presses on to fulfillment, and will not disappoint; If it delays, wait for it, it will surely come, it will not be late.” Sometimes we go through life with a lot of fears and regrets and we shouldn't for in everything there is a reason and a mission. Today's 1st reading tells us that with God nothing is wasted and lost. If we try to analyze very closely and look at the things that happened in a broader point of view, we should realize that we can gain wisdom and perspective on things that can give us confidence and conviction in setting right our priorities in life. Amen. Hallelujah!

Baruch 4:5-12. 27-29
...Fear not, my children; call out to God! He who brought this upon you will remember you. 28 As your hearts have been disposed to stray from God, turn now ten times the more to seek him; 29 for he who has brought disaster upon you will, in saving you, bring you back enduring joy.”

I must say that the things that happened yesterday were very rewarding, enjoyable and fulfilling in a lot of ways. In fact, on our way to bring the Blessed Mother home from the block rosary we received a call but was cut off. We never got the message that was supposed to warn us not to pass a certain route since it was blocked. Despite of it we were able to arrive home without any delay since the block was removed already by the time we passed by. What happened yesterday prompted me to share these famous lines I got from an email, "The will of God will never take us to where the grace of God will not protect us. God knows exactly and with perfection what is being allowed to happen to us in our lives at this precise moment. God's purpose for us is simply perfect. He wants to show us things that only we can understand by living what we are living and by being in the place we are now.” Thanks to the intercession of the Blessed Mother Mary, it was the day she came to visit us in our home. Amen. Hallelujah!

P S A L M
Psalm 69:33-35. 36-37
R: The Lord listens to the poor. 32 [33] “See, you lowly ones, and be glad; you who seek God, may your hearts revive!...

Let us seize every moment and opportunity in order to daily grow in our knowledge of the Lord. Let us all come to our senses. Once we've seen, heard, smelled, tasted, touched, felt and experienced who the Lord truly is in our lives then we are really blessed in the truest sense of the word. God has given us everything that we need, the love, care and protection that a child needs from a Father who loves us so much. Sometimes we have this tendency to overlook these things and dwell more on the less important things. We must train our minds and hearts to know the top priority which is everything that connects us to God at all times. Amen. Hallelujah!

Luke 10:17-24
...Behold, I have given you the power ‘to tread upon serpents’ and scorpions and upon the full force of the enemy and nothing will harm you. 20 Nevertheless, do not rejoice because the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”...

No comments:

Post a Comment