Friday, October 21, 2011

GOD'S WAYS

We all have our own struggles in life. This is something we are confronted with every day of our lives. Sometimes it reaches to a point where we feel so helpless and miserable. The truth is we really don't have to since God created man to be on top of all His creation. The bible tells us that even the finest robe of King Solomon can not compare with the lilies in the valley that neither toil nor sow but bloom and clothed everyday only to dry up the next day and thrown away. Also with the sparrows in the field that never worry what to eat. We are worth more than the lilies and the sparrows. Even the stars do not struggle to shine and rivers do not struggle to flow then we will never struggle to excel and be the best since God will deliver us from all of these things through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. Hallelujah!

Romans 7:18-25a 18
Brothers and sisters: I know that good does not dwell in me, that is, in my flesh. The willing is ready at hand, but doing the good is not. 19 For I do not do the good I want, but I do the evil I do not want. 20 Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 21 So, then, I discover the principle that when I want to do right, evil is at hand...Miserable one that I am! Who will deliver me from this mortal body? 25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

There is only one thing needed and we have to choose the best part. We have to do things according to God's statutes and precepts which is the only sure way to live a happy and abundant life first here on earth and then for eternity. Amen. Hallelujah!

P S A L M
Psalm 119:66. 68. 76. 77. 93. 94
R: Lord, teach me your statutes. ...Let your kindness comfort me according to your promise to your servants. (R) 77 Let your compassion come to me that I may live, for your law is my delight. (R) 93 Never will I forget your precepts, for through them you give me life. (R) 94 I am yours; save me, for I have sought your precepts.

God has given us everything we need. He will never be lacking in anything at all. In fact all the signs and wonders around us that we often leave unnoticed and take for granted all point to God. It is a pity that we still go astray from the right path when we already know it and confuse ourselves when there is really nothing confusing about it. It all boils down to the fact that we have our own free will and we can define and decide for ourselves what's right and true. This happens when our circumstances don't fit or conform to our expectations we immediately dismiss it and resort to our own ways without realizing that if we really believe that we have an Almighty and All Knowing God then nothing ever happens outside His will. It may not be favorable according to our own standards but God's ways is not like man's ways. This we simply have to be open to God's truth by trusting that God will always make things right for us. We ought to be wise and sensible Christians. If we are so good in managing our earthly affairs all the more should we be good in conducting our spiritual affairs which last not just here on earth but to eternity. God left us in today’s gospel with a challenge to gain knowledge, be wise, think right with the beautiful mind of God. Amen. Hallelujah!

Luke 12:54-59
54 Jesus said to the crowds, “When you see a cloud rising in the west you say immediately that it is going to rain — and so it does; 55 and when you notice that the wind is blowing from the south you say that it is going to be hot — and so it is. 56 You hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of the earth and the sky; why do you not know how to interpret the present time? 57 “Why do you not judge for yourselves what is right?

No comments:

Post a Comment