Sunday, October 23, 2011

NEVER LET YOU DOWN

Every time I come across a bible verse which speaks of widows and orphans I can't help but remember my nanay who already passed away. These past few days she has been constantly in my mind since her birthday was 2 days ago. She always say that she is very special to God because she is a widow. I've always felt her confidence whenever she said that. Now that I, myself is already an orphan, because both of my parents are already with the Lord, I can already relate to that feeling of confidence that my nanay used to have. Her faith had a great impact on me and I will always cherish it for the rest of my life. Amen. Hallelujah!

Exodus 22: 20-26

...21 You shall not wrong any widow or orphan. 22 If ever you wrong them and they cry out to me, I will surely hear their cry... for I am compassionate.

It is from our love for God that we should gather our strength. We should focus on that alone and everything will follow. Amen. Hallelujah!

Psalm 18: 2-3, 3-4, 47, 51(2 )

R: I love you, Lord, my strength.

...I exclaim, and I am safe from my enemies. ..50 [51] You who gave great victories to your king and showed kindness to your anointed.

This thought of being transformed brings back memories of my thesis experiment in Japan about transformation of this microorganism I worked on. It was very difficult in itself to transform it but it was even more difficult to maintain it. It is much more difficult to make it functional since there is really a need to nurture it for growth in appropriate and optimum conditions. It took me almost a year to establish the right medium that will be most favorable for its growth and there is no room for neglect, it should always be kept that way. In the end, all of the sacrifices really paid off. I was able to finish my thesis, successfully defend it and obtain my Master's degree. The price that God paid for our sins is really great, the death of His only begotten Son, Jesus. Let us not waste this priceless gift and reap the entire benefits by maintaining the gift in us and render it functional in our lives. The benefit of this is far greater than any reward that one could ever imagine. Amen. Hallelujah!

1 Thessalonians 1: 5c-10
...receiving the word in great affliction, with joy from the holy Spirit, 7 so that you became a model for all the believers...to serve the living and true God 10 and to await his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, Jesus, who delivers us from the coming wrath.

I guess it is easier to follow what the gospel is telling us to do whenever we are experiencing the good times but when the going gets tough and the tough really gets going then the scenario changes. The words: with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind are all extremes or superlatives and requires us to do exactly what it is asking us to do and obey at all times and not be half hearted Christians. Jesus never stops teaching, coaching and giving examples on how we should go about with our lives. He is after our welfare and the fulfillment of our desires in order for all of us to lead a wonderful life. We can trust Him to carry out whatever is needed for us to attain it provided we follow and obey His commandments, which is in truth the way to be truly happy. Amen. Hallelujah!

Matthew 22:34-40
...“You shall love the Lord, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. 38 This is the greatest and the first commandment. 39 The second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself...

No comments:

Post a Comment