Tuesday, August 10, 2010

SOLID ROCK

We need not fear nor doubt that God is able to supply all our needs. When we encounter situations that make us lose our confidence and wear us down we should focus on what today's 1st reading is telling us. It is also important that we faithfully adhere to the last word of the bible passage I have quoted below. When we toil and earn a living, our harvest should be a product of righteousness. Amen. Hallelujah!

2 Corinthians 9:6-10
...The one who supplies seed to the sower and bread for food will supply and multiply your seed and increase the harvest of your righteousness.

Today's psalm really made me remember that frightening day when I quivered with fear and was appeased by the reassuring words of my son. I can never forget the time when my e mail got hacked and was in a panic because of some very confidential information that was accessed and altered due to that sinister act. I was just so distraught and was already talking so fast with my son and they could no longer understand what I was saying. Usually when things like these happen to other people, I am always ready and armed with the Word of God giving assurances and comfort to them in order to pacify and settle them in peace. But when this thing happened to me, I was in a total mess like nothing could quiet me down since I was insistent on what I was head bent for them to do at a very inappropriate time. Suddenly the words of my son jolted me back to my senses. He said very briefly to me to trust as if I was hearing the very word I used to say to him and which I have almost completely forgotten at that trying moment. It was my son who pacified me and told me not to be moved by such evil. Amen. Hallelujah!

Psalm 112:1-2, 5-6, 7-8, 9
R: Blessed the man who is gracious and lends to those in need.
...conducts his affairs with justice; 6 he shall never be moved; the just man shall be in everlasting remembrance. (R) 7 An evil report he shall not fear; his heart is firm, trusting in the LORD. 8 His heart is steadfast;...

Let us not lose heart and always stand firm in our faith in God as in solid rock. It is not an easy task but a very difficult one in this world we live but let us hold on to God's words in today's gospel and not be moved. We should always follow and do what God wills for us. Amen. Hallelujah!


John 12:24-26
...where I am, there also will my servant be. The Father will honor whoever serves me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment