Saturday, August 21, 2010

FATHER'S HOUSE

Whenever we go to the Church we have to realize that we are surrounded by God's glory. It is God's dwelling place and we ought to take every opportunity to be in our Father’s house. Our attitude and disposition about going to Church should always be in line with what is said in today's 1st reading. We should keep this in mind at all times. Amen. Hallelujah!

Ezekiel 43:1-7ab
...I saw that the temple was filled with the glory of the LORD. 6 Then I heard someone speaking to me from the temple, while the man stood beside me. 7 The voice said to me: Son of man, this is where my throne shall be, this is where I will set the soles of my feet; here I will dwell among the children of Israel forever.


Wherever God is, there is always peace and prosperity. It is only natural that we have longings and desires because God Himself planted it in our hearts. We all long for the good things in life and God Himself can provide for all these things. It is just sad that we reach out for other things that we thought are good for us. We do not realize that we have to seek first the Kingdom of God and everything else will follow. We fail to follow this sure and no fail formula that is not a secret. In fact it is not hidden in the bible since it is often quoted, sang and regularly assigned in the gospel readings. It is in really living this truth that we can witness for ourselves the glory of God dwelling in our land. Amen. Hallelujah!


Psalm 85:9ab, 10, 11-12, 13-14
R: The glory of the Lord will dwell in our land.
I will hear what God proclaims; the LORD-for he proclaims peace. 9 [10] Near indeed is his salvation to those who fear him, glory dwelling in our land. (R) 10 [11] Kindness and truth shall meet; justice and peace shall kiss. 11 [12] Truth shall spring out of the earth, and justice shall look down from heaven. (R) 12 [13] The LORD himself will give his benefits; our land shall yield its increase. 13 [14] Justice shall walk before him, and salvation, along the way of his steps.

Last night we went to the viewing of Sis Zeny Reynante a fellow Divine Mercy and Rosary devotee in St. Martha's Church and today is her funeral. I have been sharing with friends how I felt that Sis Zeny's soul interceded in my behalf. Last Monday when I found out about the schedule for her viewing and funeral I immediately prayed and asked her to excuse me if I will not be able to make it on those days because it is in conflict with my schedule. I was so surprised that day when later in the afternoon I received a call postponing my schedule for next week. It was very unexpected because I have always had that schedule and it was even set ahead of time. I was suddenly rid of my excuse and could already make myself available for it. Another pleasant confirmation is the generosity of Sis Rose to offer her van to bring people to the said services for Sis Zeny. This is why when Sis Rose said that she feels very insignificant because she is not doing anything for the Lord everybody reminded her that she has already done a great service for the Lord by making herself available for people who do not have a ride especially the senior citizens. The fact that she is also a senior citizen herself and is not always feeling very well at times due to some health concerns makes all these errands very tedious on her part but she still manages to do them. It is very timely that today's gospel speaks of the humility of Sis Rose that deserves to be exalted. Amen. Hallelujah!


Matthew 23:1-12
...The greatest among you must be your servant. 12 Whoever exalts himself will be humbled; but whoever humbles himself will be exalted.”

No comments:

Post a Comment