Thursday, August 19, 2010

THE INVITED AND CHOSEN (JUDE'S BIRTHDAY BASH)

I was just reading this advisory from my son's friend regarding the birthday party they are planning to have since his birthday will be on the 31st. I commented for them to enjoy but there was this nagging feeling in me to add more to that "Enjoy guys" comment I wrote. With what we are presently witnessing nowadays, we can't help but think that the young people are getting themselves involved in so many inappropriate activities. We need to pray for our youth that they be guided well in the choices they make and be the light and hope for the future generation. Let us offer them up to the Lord and claim that this blessing in today's 1st reading be upon them all. Amen. Hallelujah!

Ezekiel 36:23-28
...I will sprinkle clean water upon you to cleanse you from all your impurities, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. 26 I will give you a new heart and place a new spirit within you, taking from your bodies your stony hearts and giving you natural hearts...


Jude will soon turn 21 in several days. This age is considered a turning point for a man and considered the age of maturity. I am hoping and praying that he will be the person that God has meant him to be. I am claiming for him these words in today's psalm that it will also be his prayer and wish as he enter into this new chapter of his life. Amen. Hallelujah!


Psalm 51:12-13, 14-15, 18-19
R: I will pour clean water on you and wash away all your sins.
10 [12] A clean heart create for me, O God, and a steadfast spirit renew within me. 11 [13] Cast me not out from your presence, and your Holy Spirit take not from me.

Just a few minutes ago, Felix has been coordinating people for Jude and Jam's birthday shizz as he calls it. It is quite a surprise that today's gospel speaks of the parable of the king inviting guests for his son's wedding feast. I have always been blessed with pleasant and confirming circumstances that relate to the readings and this is just one of them. It is special since it's my son's birthday that he is announcing and coordinating for. Not everybody can make themselves available at the appointed time. It is in their firm resolve to arrange and make their schedules fit that would make this event a possibility and success. Just like in today's gospel, the feast is ready but those who were invited refused to come. God is constantly inviting us but we always have excuses and other things to do. We are distracted and take for granted what clearly should take first place and priority in our lives. Time will come when the time for the invitation will cease and if ever we decide to come it is already too late. Our souls need to be properly dressed for that final and main event. Let's not delay any longer before we find ourselves no longer welcome in God's presence. Let us be counted among the invited and chosen. Amen. Hallelujah!


Matthew 22:1-14
...He said to him, ‘My friend, how is it that you came in here without a wedding garment?’ But he was reduced to silence. 13 Then the king said to his attendants, ‘Bind his hands and feet, and cast him into the darkness outside, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth.’ 14 Many are invited, but few are chosen.”...

No comments:

Post a Comment