Wednesday, August 18, 2010

THE FIRST AND THE LAST

How very reassuring are the words of God in today's 1st reading. When things are not going well with us and we seem to be going astray it is important to always remember these words of God. There are times when we are very unsure of where we are going, how things will turn out and what is in store for us. In times when we are confronted with things we are not familiar of, we can always draw inspiration in this truth that God looks after us the way a Good Shepherd does to His sheep. Amen. Hallelujah!

Ezekiel 34:1-11
...For thus says the Lord GOD: I myself will look after and tend my sheep.

If we are just to read and understand very well every word said in today's psalm then we ought to find ourselves the most contented and secured person in the whole wide world. There should be no more room for fear, doubt and anxiety. We've got to develop the confidence and faith of a person who have truly believed that the Lord is my shepherd. Amen. Hallelujah!

R: The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.
...In verdant pastures he gives me repose; beside restful waters he leads me; 3 he refreshes my soul. (R) He guides me in right paths for his name’s sake. 4 Even though I walk in the dark valley I fear no evil; for you are at my side with your rod and your staff that give me courage. (R) 5 You spread the table before me in the sight of my foes; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. (R) 6 Only goodness and kindness follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD for years to come.

We can never really tell what's going to be until the last hour. All of us are saved by Jesus when He died on the Cross in Calvary more than 2000 years ago but continuously in the process of being saved every day. We've got to persevere in our faith and not be discouraged or dissuaded, distracted and tempted by the other side. We have all been forgiven through Jesus Christ but it is our response to this grace that matters most. It differs from person to person according to the capacity we have all developed. We can not be indifferent, neutral, take for granted or neglect this tremendous grace that is offered to us. We've got to take an active part in receiving this grace in order for us to gain the ultimate and total experience of God's gift to us. Amen. Hallelujah!

Matthew 20:1-16
...Thus, the last will be first, and the first will be last.”

No comments:

Post a Comment