Thursday, March 17, 2011

ELY, EILEEN & ST. PAT.

I still miss and long for my mother as my heart aches for her. Although she is no longer physically present with us, she never fails to constantly make me feel that she is still watching over me especially with the dream that I had on the very day of her death anniversary or birthday in heaven. This is further confirmed by Eileen a friend and a former classmate. Yesterday I told her how I would never forget her birthday since it is also the date when my mother left us and went to be with God. Another thing is that my mother's name is Cecilia but her nickname is Ely so it is almost close to Eileen. Does this sound lame? But on top of it is the fact that she said things that I would always treasure in my heart. I was deeply touched by the words she said about my mother. I never quite expected that she would have such a clear recollection of her. She brought back very nice memories of my departed mother and just as today's 1st reading tells us, has brought so much joy into my heart. Amen. Hallelujah!

Esther C:12, 14-16, 23-25
...Now help me, who am alone and have no one but you, O LORD, my God. “And now, come to help me, an orphan...turn our mourning into gladness and our sorrows into wholeness.

God never fails in sending us people, circumstances and situations that always build up strength in us. Amen. Hallelujah!

Psalms 138:1-2, 2-3, 7-8
R: Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me.
...Because of your kindness and your truth; for you have made great above all things your name and your promise. 3 When I called, you answered me; you built up strength within me.

Today is St. Patrick’s Day, who is a great missionary to Europe. St. Patrick is from England, captured in Ireland and worked as a shepherd slave until he escaped. He did not try to get revenge by capturing some Irish and making them slaves like they did to him. Instead he became a priest and a bishop and returned to Ireland as a missionary which at that time was a land of Druids and pagans. The whole world gets to rejoice and benefit from what he did in spreading the Good News of Salvation that continues to this day. He did to them what Jesus Christ did to him. He spread the Good News of salvation and forgave others so he could be forgiven too. Ireland is not just a Catholic country now but a land of scholars and saints. It became a jewel of a Catholic country. We can learn from him and make him a model to live out the gospel. Amen. Hallelujah!

Matthew 7:7-12
…Do to others whatever you would have them do to you. This is the law and the prophets.”

No comments:

Post a Comment