Sunday, March 6, 2011

THE BRACELET

Today's 1st reading reminds me of my green El Shaddai bracelet that I got from Tita Piling. It was not really meant for me but I guess those people who were supposed to get it have bigger wrists than mine that it was left behind because it fits no one but me. Caroline her niece, wanted it for herself most especially because it is colored green and just perfect for St. Patrick's feast day but it just won't fit her which reminds me of the fact that this bracelet on my wrist is almost 3 years old by the time we reach his feast on the 17th. Another thing I vividly remember about it, is the fact that all other bracelets that came with it from the Philippines got torn and broken after just a week of wearing them but mine lasted even up to this very day considering the fact that I have been wearing it and have not removed it since 2008. For as long as God wills it I would always wear this bracelet as a sign and reminder of these very words that are written not just in this book of Deuteronomy and the rest of the bible but in my heart and soul as well. Amen. Hallelujah!


Deuteronomy 11:18, 26-28, 32
...“Take these words of mine into your heart and soul. Bind them at your wrist as a sign, ...Be careful to observe all the statutes and decrees that I set before you today.”


We can rely on so many things in these world like wealth, fame, power and success but only in the Lord can we find true security and satisfaction. Amen. Hallelujah!


Psalms 31:2-3, 3-4, 17, 25
R: Lord, be my rock of safety.
1 [2] In you, O LORD, I take refuge; let me never be put to shame. In your justice rescue me, 2 [3] incline your ear to me, make haste to deliver me! (R) Be my rock of refuge, a stronghold to give me safety. 3 [4] You are my rock and my fortress; for your name’s sake you will lead and guide me. (R) 16 [17] Let your face shine upon your servant; save me in your kindness. 24 [25] Take courage and be stouthearted, all you who hope in the LORD.

We are all so blessed for having Jesus as our Savior and Redeemer. Nothing else should matter more to us than this truth that we have been saved. Amen. Hallelujah!

Romans 3:21-25, 28
21 Brothers and sisters, now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, though testified to by the law and the prophets, 22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction; 23 all have sinned and are deprived of the glory of God. 24 They are justified freely by his grace through the redemption in Christ Jesus, 25 whom God set forth as an expiation, through faith, by his blood. 28 For we consider that a person is justified by faith apart from works of the law.

As the 1st reading reminds me of Tita Piling whom I consider like a good mother to me today’s gospel is another reminder of my very own mother as I have shared several times already. When she was still living she told me about this place in America that she consider as most beautiful, the place where the House on the Rocks is. I have been blessed with so many wonderful people in my life that have helped me build my faith like a wise man who built his house on rock. Amen. Hallelujah!

Matthew 7:21-27
...“Everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them will be like a wise man who built his house on rock. 25 The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and buffeted the house. But it did not collapse; it had been set solidly on rock. 26 And everyone who listens to these words of mine but does not act on them will be like a fool who built his house on sand. 27 The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and buffeted the house. And it collapsed and was completely ruined.”

No comments:

Post a Comment