Thursday, July 14, 2011

BURDEN IS LIGHT

Today’s 1st reading suddenly reminded me of Mommy Clare. She is a Senior Citizen in St. Martha’s Church whom I have already considered one of my spiritual mothers. Almost 2 years ago, I was spared from getting into trouble because of her intervention. She was instrumental in paving the way for something very important that was accomplished which I could never forget for the rest of my life. I really miss those times when we used to spend the entire day together and have lengthy discussion about a lot of things which is always leading to God. It felt like there was no end to it once we started talking about the mighty and wonderful things the Lord has done in our lives just as God has done thousands of years ago when He delivered the Israelites from the hands of the Egyptians. He is indeed the same God yesterday, today and tomorrow. Amen. Hallelujah!

Exodus 3:13-20

...‘The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, has appeared to me and said I am concerned about you and about the way you are being treated in Egypt; 17 so I have decided to lead you up out of the misery of Egypt into the land of the Canaanites, Hittites, Amorites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites, a land flowing with milk and honey.’...

There is no doubt, God is always there for us through it all. Amen. Hallelujah!

P S A L M
Psalm 105:1 and 5. 8-9. 24-25. 26-27
R: The Lord remembers his covenant for ever.
1 Give thanks to the LORD, invoke his name; make known among the nations his deeds. 5 Recall the wondrous deeds that he has wrought, his portents, and the judgments he has uttered...

We may have done some things in life that have caused so much burden but we don’t have to continue. We can go to Jesus and say that we need help. Especially if we feel like we are sunken in the quick sand and we can’t get out. We need to cry out to the Lord and tell Him that we want to know, love and serve Him. We can ask Him to deliver us and come into our hearts. By this time we may have experienced and witnessed a lot in life already to know that today's gospel is the best thing we ought to do. No one in this world can get away from problems and sorrow in life. Life here on earth is as imperfect as it is. We can not expect to live a life of perfect peace and happiness here on earth but we can surely make the best out of what we've got right here and now if we are to follow these words below in the gospel. There is really nowhere and no one else to go to but the Lord. We should have realized this by now if we have learned our lessons well. In times past when we have forgotten to surrender to God and depended more on our strength, skill and intelligence, we have seen the difference and the worst in the outcome of our actions. In whatever we do, for as long as we are not violating God's commands we must not forget to lift up everything to God in prayer and He will clearly show us the way. There is really nowhere to go but to God. Amen. Hallelujah!

Matthew 11:28-30

28 Jesus said: “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.”

No comments:

Post a Comment