Friday, April 22, 2011

A DAY LIKE NO OTHER

We've finally arrived on this day when God saved the world. A day like no other in which an act of great love that surpasses all other is made known to all. Throughout the course of time, we've been constantly told of this and as we move on may we be reminded always of this sacrifice that God's Beloved Son offered for our salvation. Amen. Hallelujah!

Isaiah 52:13-53:12
... it was our infirmities that he bore, our sufferings that he endured, while we thought of him as stricken, as one for our sins, upon him was the chastisement that makes us whole, by his stripes we smitten by God and afflicted. 5 But he was pierced for our offenses, crushed were healed. 6 We had all gone astray like sheep, each following his own way; but the LORD laid upon him the guilt of us all.

We should never have any doubt that God is able to do all things for our good for there is nothing more that He could do that He has not done. Amen. Hallelujah!


Psalms 31:2, 6, 12-13, 15-16, 17, 25
R: Father, into your hands I commend my spirit.
1 [2] In you, O LORD, I take refuge; let me never be put to shame. In your justice rescue me. 5 [6] Into your hands I commend my spirit; you will redeem me, O LORD, O faithful God...Take courage and be stout-hearted, all you who hope in the LORD.

Jesus understands. He knows exactly what we have been through and are going through right now even much more than we can imagine. Let us trust that He knows better than we all do and be confident of God who created us all. Amen. Hallelujah!

Hebrews 4:14-16; 5:7-9
...For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who has similarly been tested in every way, yet without sin. 16 So let us confidently approach the throne of grace to receive mercy and to find grace for timely help.

Everything that has been said and foretold about Jesus are fulfilled. Let us not just look at the here and now but trust that God can do more and beyond what we are able to comprehend. Amen. Hallelujah!

John 18:1-19:42
...Jesus said to Peter, “Put your sword into its scabbard. Shall I not drink the cup that the Father gave me?” ...“My kingdom does not belong to this world. If my kingdom did belong to this world, my attendants would be fighting to keep me from being handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my kingdom is not here.”...“You would have no power over me if it had not been given to you from above. ..“Let’s not tear it, but cast lots for it to see whose it will be,” in order that the passage of scripture might be fulfilled [that says]: “They divided my garments among them, and for my vesture they cast lots.” This is what the soldiers did...When Jesus had taken the wine, he said, “It is finished.” And bowing his head, he handed over the spirit...But when they came to Jesus and saw that he was already dead, they did not break his legs, 34 but one soldier thrust his lance into his side, and immediately blood and water flowed out. 35 An eyewitness has testified, and his testimony is true; he knows that he is speaking the truth, so that you also may [come to] believe. 36 For this happened so that the scripture passage might be fulfilled: “Not a bone of it will be broken.” 37 And again another passage says: “They will look upon him whom they have pierced.”

No comments:

Post a Comment