Sunday, April 3, 2011

ARISE, O SLEEPER!

We are all guilty one way or another of being judged or judging others ourselves. This is something that we all do unknowingly, deliberately, just out of habit and without much thought. Today's 1st reading reminds us of not to judge and deal with our fellow human beings by our standard but by God's. Amen. Hallelujah

1Samuel 16:1, 6-7, 10-13
...the LORD said to Samuel: “Do not judge from his appearance or from his lofty stature, because I have rejected him. Not as man sees does God see, because man sees the appearance but the LORD looks into the heart.”


We are so caught up with our problems and concerns in life that we become oblivious of God. We do not see the love of God in the midst of these disturbing events. Today's psalm assures that He is the Good Shepherd. Amen. Hallelujah!

Psalms 23:1-3, 3-4, 5, 6
R: The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.
...In verdant pastures he gives me repose; beside restful waters he leads me; 3 he refreshes my soul. (R) He guides me in right paths for his name’s sake. 4 Even though I walk in the dark valley I fear no evil; for you are at my side with your rod and your staff that give me courage. (R) 5 You spread the table before me in the sight of my foes; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. (R) 6 Only goodness and kindness follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD for years to come.

We've grown so used to our own personal blindness brought by our sins that we simply sit around and not do anything about it. Today's 2nd reading tells us to arise and be children of the light. Amen. Hallelujah!



Ephesians 5:8-14
...Try to learn what is pleasing to the Lord. 11 Take no part in the fruitless works of darkness; rather expose them, 12 for it is shameful even to mention the things done by them in secret; 13 but everything exposed by the light becomes visible, 14 for everything that becomes visible is light. Therefore, it says: “Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will give you light.”


Sin certainly has its consequences but Christ has transformed it to our redemption. This blind man in the gospel obeys and sees. The 1st person he sees as he opens his eyes is Jesus. God redeems us from our sufferings and transform it for our good. Amen. Hallelujah!

John 9:1-41
...“Do you believe in the Son of Man?” 36 He answered and said, “Who is he, sir, that I may believe in him?” 37 Jesus said to him, “You have seen him and the one speaking with you is he.” 38 He said, “I do believe, Lord,” and he worshipped him.

No comments:

Post a Comment