Friday, October 1, 2010

QUESTIONS & ANSWERS

We don't have a straight answer to the many questions we have in life just like all these questions stated in today's 1st reading. In the same way, we sometimes do not have the answers to the things that happen to us. We may never come to a full understanding of these things. Just like Job we must keep up the faith and never question God's will in our lives anymore. Only God knows. Our consolation lies in the truth that He knows best. Amen. Hallelujah!

Job 38:1, 12-21; 40:3-5
The LORD addressed Job out of the storm and said: 12 Have you ever in your lifetime commanded the morning and shown the dawn its place 13 for taking hold of the ends of the earth...Then Job answered the LORD and said: 4 Behold, I am of little account; what can I answer you? I put my hand over my mouth. 5 Though I have spoken once, I will not do so again; though twice, I will do so no more.


Today's psalm reminds me of this lady who always ask me, "How do I look?" I would always reply, "You're beautiful." But she would say in return, "Oh you're full of baloney" and every time I would just laugh back at her. Just a couple of days ago I was suddenly inspired to respond to her differently when I told her that it is not baloney but it's biblical that we are all beautiful. In fact the Tagalog translation in text message that I have received is quite funny, it goes something like this, "Kilabot sa ganda, nanginginig pa" And it is stated right here in today's psalm. Amen. Hallleujah!

Psalm 139:1-3, 7-8, 9-10, 13-14ab
R: Guide me, Lord, along the everlasting way.
...Truly you have formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother’s womb. 14 I give you thanks that I am fearfully, wonderfully made; wonderful are your works.


If we are to really pay close attention to the words of Jesus in today's gospel we will find that He used the word, woe which is defined as grievous distress, affliction, or trouble and is synonymous to anguish, tribulation, trial, wretchedness and melancholy. It is quite a strong word that people in the time of Jesus use to emphasize a point and get a serious message across. I guess, it applies not just to them but to us as well. It is very sad that the people in His time and nowadays do not differ much in this aspect. We've got to respond to this reality and call. Let us feast on the mighty deeds of Jesus rather than wait for something really woeful before we wake our senses up. Amen. Halleujah!


Luke 10:13-16
13 Jesus said to them, “Woe to you, Chorazin! Woe to you, Bethsaida! For if the mighty deeds done in your midst had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would long ago have repented, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. 14 But it will be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the judgment than for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment