Thursday, May 21, 2020

LOCK & KEY


Whenever I go running, there will be times when I feel so light and vibrant unlike some days when I feel so sluggish and lazy. It was like I was ready to run miles and go anywhere without feeling tired. There was a time when I just found myself running in a different direction and did not take the usual route. The reason I did this is because I was intimidated by a warning of this person who said not to let the dogs chase me. I got somehow affected by the comment that I decided to run in the opposite direction. This action was primarily influenced by the fact that I am always almost attacked and bitten by a dog. The thought of something like that happening made me change my route without realizing that I would end up in a much scarier path. This part of the road where I ended up running did not have any lights on and looked abandoned and bushy. I must say it looked even more frightening since it had started to get dark. Sometimes when we give in to fear we end up in a much worse situation than we actually are.  I have said this because of these series of events I experienced that happened one after another. We must not let our fear incapacitate us. There is always a chance that we would stumble on something that scares us. We can’t help it when we get scared but we must keep in mind that there is no reason to be afraid. We should not have doubts that God wants us to have the good things in life especially when I found out what the 1st reading is telling us today. All the more I am convinced that there is a reason for everything. Isn't it amazing, how God makes things fall into place and fit into a lock and key combination. It is a consolation to know that God got us covered. If we have truly dedicated and offered every aspect in our life to God then we can be assured that nothing can harm us. Although we encounter problems and difficulties in life and become afraid of the circumstances that surround us we can always choose to rejoice in the Lord knowing that He is able to defeat all the works of the enemy and has already won for us our victory. Amen. Hallelujah!

 Acts 18:9-18
9 One night in a vision the Lord said to Paul, “Do not be afraid. Go on speaking, and do not be silent, 10 for I am with you. No one will attack and harm you,...

Sometimes we marvel at people who are able to see through the future or are able to forecast things even before they happen. I know only of one thing that there is no need for us to consult any other except God who resides in our hearts through His Spirit dwelling in us through the sacramental life of the Church. There is a lot more about Jesus our God that we haven't known yet. Looking back from the time of Abraham to the time when Jesus came and thereafter is just more than we all could ever handle. Every single day of our life is an opportunity to discover more and more about a God who loves us more than we'll ever come to know. There are lots of insights and opinions that could be brought up and help pave the way for a broader understanding of God's word. Different points of view and personal observations could be raised which could make us realize that when looked at the specific angle where the person who said it was coming from can never be judged as wrong. We all have this personal differences and unique characteristics but what's most important is that we recognize our inadequacies that even if we fail to fully embody the infinite wisdom and intelligence of God and just reflect a tiny bit but when put together under the lordship of God our King can amount to some thing really inspiring and great. When we contribute to the wholeness of God's people and become one then indeed, we are the body of the Church and the temple of God where God reigns as the Head and King. We have a wonderful God worthy of all praise. We all belong to the Creator of this world where we live, the God Most High. There is no other greater dignity than this to be sons and daughters of God who is King of kings, Lord of lords and Almighty God who is with us. I’ve been doing my daily run no matter how toxic and tiring it is at times. It was all worth it because exercise does not just benefit our health but can also become a source of enjoyment. When we get to see the beautiful view of the outdoors like brightly colored green trees, flowers, mountain, tiny little squirrels running in the sidewalks amidst the sound of whistling birds, rustling of the leaves as the cool refreshing wind blow in our faces and spread the pleasant scent of the different plants along the way, they could create a wonderful and invigorating feeling which leaves us in awe of our God who is the Creator of all.  We just might find ourselves singing this song.
You are beautiful beyond description
Too marvelous for words
Too wonderful for comprehension
Like nothing ever seen or heard

Who can grasp Your infinite wisdom
Who can fathom the depth of Your love
You are beautiful beyond description
Majesty enthroned above

Chorus:
And I stand (I stand) I stand (I stand) in awe of You
I stand (I stand) I stand (I stand) in awe of You
Holy God to whom all praise is due
I stand in awe of you

Repeat Chorus

Holy God to whom all praise is due
I stand in awe of you
Amen. Hallelujah!

 Psalm 47:2-3. 4-5. 6-7
R: God is king of all the earth.
1 [2] All you peoples, clap your hands, shout to God with cries of gladness, 2 [3] for the LORD, the Most High, the awesome, is the great king over all the earth.

We all look forward to the day when the beauty that surrounds us will merely become shadows in the light of God's radiant glory. Everything that seems to be a mystery will soon come to light and eventually be revealed to us. We may not be able to fully understand and appreciate the things that are happening in our lives right now but we should continue to hold on to God's word and promises  that He will make all things beautiful in His time. As we gradually become assimilated in the body of Christ, truly become the Church of God and the living temple, we emerge as fully built, restored and nothing can ever take away nor destroy the sanctuary of God that lives in the depths of our hearts. We look forward to the time when we become one with God and all things have come to light then we fulfill in our lives the words that Jesus said in today's gospel. If for any reason you are lonely and sad then you should rejoice and be glad. Amen. Hallelujah!


John 16:20-23
...But I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy away from you. On that day you will not question me about anything. Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment