Friday, August 11, 2017

FORMATION IN THE WOMB

For I do not do the good I want, but I do the evil I do not want. Romans 7:19 Fr. Dennis gave us a sensible answer as to why St. Paul in his letter to the Romans said this. With the recent violent killings and crimes being committed that doesn't seem to make sense we may want to consider why some people resort to such things and where it all began. Here's an answer, (just one to the so many answers we can come up with): inside the womb of a woman where a child is conceived and everything is being planted. Pregnant ladies and soon to be mothers can benefit from this and should very well take note of the following. 1. Our very source is God and He is good as stated in Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I dedicated you,a prophet to the nations I appointed you.  Isaiah 49:1-6
...The LORD called me from birth, from my mother’s womb he gave me my name. 2 He made of me a sharp-edged sword and concealed me in the shadow of his arm. He made me a polished arrow, in his quiver he hid me. 3 You are my servant, he said to me, Israel, through whom I show my glory. 4 Though I thought I had toiled in vain, and for nothing, uselessly, spent my strength, yet my reward is with the LORD, my recompense is with my God. 5 For now the LORD has spoken who formed me as his servant from the womb,...
But during formation of a child in the womb the flaws and imperfections in a person arise. Everything we've become is a by product of what a mother plants in her child while inside the womb. It is the plant love, hate etc and reap love, hate etc formula. A woman once asked Father why her child became a kleptomaniac and she was asked to recall her pregnancy and remembered how she used to love getting things that are color red without permission. We may not be aware  of it but this is where we acquire the wounds of our soul. What you sow or plant is what you reap. Formation of a person starts inside the womb and is the foundation of every human person. It's just like a building if constructed with a weak foundation may crumble and fall and a tree can be uprooted very easily if the roots are not strong. . 2. Our guide and solution is to look at the attitude of Mary who is the 1st educator of Jesus who is conceived in her womb. 

We may now say that the missing link is the formation in the womb. The woundedness of our souls started while we were being formed in the womb. It becomes a weakness and if left unattended and cared for becomes a wickedness and could lead to death of our souls. An example is an unwanted child, it creates wounds in the soul in order to heal we need to realize that we come from God and know that we are welcome and wanted by God. We must realize that whatever behavior or attitude we have it is not who we are. If we see some imperfections and wounds in ourselves that does not seem to conform with a God/Creator who is all good and perfect then it's not God who made us that way. People have different attitudes and behavior but let us not lose sight of this, we are created in God's image and likeness. Let us remove all confusions. People may think that we are created to be the way we are. We must not forget that God does not create us to do things that are against His will. When our 1st parents sinned we have acquired concupiscence or tendency to sin but we must not forget that Jesus redeemed us from sin. It is right to say that we are saved, and as we continue to be part of this world then we are continuously being saved and needs to cooperate with the saving grace of Jesus. We can't deny the presence of sin in this world. We need Jesus in order to overcome sin. Whatever we did in the past or are still doing now that does not conform to God's image and likeness we can always live a new life with Jesus. Blessed Mother Mary, pray for us.  Jesus, King of Divine Mercy, we trust in you. Amen

Deuteronomy 6:4-13
...The LORD is our God, the LORD alone! 5 Therefore, you shall love the LORD, your God, with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength. 6 Take to heart these words which I enjoin on you today. 7 Drill them into your children. Speak of them at home and abroad, whether you are busy or at rest. 8 Bind them at your wrist as a sign and let them be as a pendant on your forehead. 9 Write them on the doorposts of your houses and on your gates...


One of the intriguing and debatable issues that always come up is about free will. God is all powerful and He can make all things possible. Due to the unerring nature of God, He was, is and will never be wrong and there is no room for mistakes. We are God's creation and must have been perfect in everyway. So how come human beings who are on top of all His creation always end up in chaos and disorder. There is no doubt to the perfection of God's handiwork, the only flaw is that we have our free will, if we could really call it a flaw. That we are not treated as merely slaves, puppets and robots that should follow our master's bidding since we have our free will is the most perfect gift a creator could ever give to his creation. Thank God! He is not an overpowering and oppressing God. He respects and honors us with this gift of free will to do anything we please. This is something that only perfect love can permit. It is from our love for God that we should gather our strength. We should focus on that alone and everything will follow. There is no doubt that God has already won the crown for us, all we have to do is defend our title as heirs of the kingdom of God from the snatchers of this grace. Show forth God's power in our lives. All we need to do is always call upon the Lord and we are safe. We are constantly beset by troubles in life but we should never forget that God is always with us and for us to win all our battles. Amen. Hallelujah!

Psalm 18:2-3a. 3c-4. 47 and 51
R: I love you, Lord, my strength.
1 [2] I love you, O LORD, my strength, 2 [3] O LORD, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer. (R) My God, my rock of refuge, my shield, the horn of my salvation, my stronghold! 3 [4] Praised be the LORD, I exclaim, and I am safe from my enemies. The LORD live! And blessed be my Rock! Extolled be God my savior. 50 [51] You who gave great victories to your king and showed kindness to your anointed.



God knows everything and assures us that all is under His control for nothing is impossible with God. We can not let unbelief nor the slightest trace of doubt set in. We should always acknowledge the fact that there is a continuous tug of war between good and evil. Whatever actions we engage in, will result to the advantage of one pulling end over the other. This is critical since we will contribute to the proliferation and taking root in us of one power over the other. It’s like hearing the words of a lawyer telling us, whatever you say and do can be used against you or the other way around, since it could also be to our advantage. It is definitely in our hands, we’ve got to nurture the seed of faith that God has planted in us.  We’ve got to take an active part in it and be perfectly aware of the truth that we are the variable factor. God is the constant factor. There is no question about God’s power and might that’s why we are able to move mountains because God said so. We need to let our faith grow from little to great just as God our Father whom we rely on, is able to do the impossible. We are destined for great things for we are God's special creation. We should always keep this in mind and believe that there is nothing that we can not do if only we put our faith in it.
Amen. Hallelujah!


Matthew 17:14-20

…Jesus said in reply, “O faithless and perverse generation, how long will I be with you? How long will I endure you? Bring him here to me.” Jesus rebuked him and the demon came out of him, and from that hour the boy was cured. Then the disciples approached Jesus in private and said, “Why could we not drive it out?” He said to them, “Because of your little faith. Amen, I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment