Tuesday, October 2, 2012

SEAL AND SIGNATURE OF AN ANGEL


 Today we celebrate the Feast of Guardian Angels, and this day will forever be special for me because of a number of events that happened to me which all point to the work of a guardian angel. I have shared about this just recently during the Feast of the Archangels (Sept  29) and several times in the past. It all began in this same month, October but in 2007 when I was faced with a life changing decision. The night before Oct. 7, 2007, was very emotional because this person who played a special role in one of the major decisions I have made is leaving.  All of these things were happening at the same time. In the midst of all the turmoil it could not be denied that an invisible hand is at work and made all things happen in a very special way. It was on this same day in 2007 when I almost lost my purse but recovered it miraculously. It was in Oct 7, 2007 when I received the message from Habukkuk which continuously built the confidence in the decision I've made.  It says, “Then the LORD answered me and said: Write down the vision clearly upon the tablets, so that one can read it readily. For the vision still has its time, presses on to fulfillment, and will not disappoint; If it delays, wait for it, it will surely come, it will not be late.”  It will once again be October 7 this coming Sunday.  The confirmations continued when I was able to purchase a laptop within the same period (Oct 2007) made possible by a gift card I won. This reminds me of Hendrie too. He has been instrumental to the good maintenance of this computer and knows how important this laptop is to my ministry. In fact, I even called him Mattathias because he was the one who eliminated the threats and viruses in my computer which I consider my key to heaven because this is what I use to spread the word of God.  To top all these wonders and miracles that can be associated to it is when I got from a healing service this petal on Oct 21, 2007, my mother’s birthday. It was a fresh petal placed on my chest which was miraculously imprinted with a cherubim on it after being in contact with my skin/sweat because it was very warm that day. I should say that this petal is the official seal and signature of my guardian angel. Amen. Hallelujah!








Exodus 23:20-23 (or Job 42:1-3, 5-6, 12-17)
20 Thus says the LORD: “See, I am sending an angel before you, to guard you on the way and bring you to the place I have prepared. 21 Be attentive to him and heed his voice. Do not rebel against him, for he will not forgive your sin. My authority resides in him. 22 If you heed his voice and carry out all I tell you, I will be an enemy to your enemies and a foe to your foes. 23 “My angel will go before you...

Today's psalm emphasizes even more the endless connections and confirmations of the events which took place in Oct 2007. I must say, it is just a prelude to the significant and unforgettable turn of events before the year 2007 ends. Technically speaking, it was culminated on the very last day of the year, Dec. 31, 2007. On this very day, I was introduced to Psalm 91. Reading the prayer for the very first time made me shed tears. It felt like it almost summarized the protection and guidance that the Lord has been showing me since that memorable month of October 2007. It was all new to me then since I never knew a single line of it until that day when I met Tita Tess and Tita Piling who gave me the El Shaddai bracelet which I still have on my wrist up to this day and handkerchief where the Psalm 91 is imprinted and the rest is history. Amen. Hallelujah!


Psalm 91:1-2, 3-4ab, 4c-6, 10-11 (or Psalm 119:66, 71, 75, 91, 125, 130)
R: The Lord has put angels in charge of you, to guard you in all your ways.
1 You who dwell in the shelter of the Most High, who abide in the shadow of the Almighty, 2 Say to the LORD, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” (R) 3 For he will rescue you from the snare of the fowler, from the destroying pestilence. 4 With his pinions he will cover you, and under his wings you shall take refuge. (R) His faithfulness is a buckler and a shield. 5 You shall not fear the terror of the night nor the arrow that flies by day; 6 not the pestilence that roams in darkness nor the devastating plague at noon. (R) 10 No evil shall befall you, nor shall affliction come near your tent, 11 for to his angels he has given command about you, that they guard you in all your ways.

If we are just going to look back and recall all the things that have happened in our life then we can never deny the presence of guardian angels as spoken of in today's gospel. God always makes His messages known to us in various ways but He confirms them to us too. God is assuring us that there is no need to be afraid because He directs us always to the right path and if ever we are led astray He constantly searches for us to lead us back to Him. We should remain eternally trusting in our faith in God as a child is with his/her parents. It is faith that must become the foundation of all that we do. God wants to clearly make a stress on this point that He is always with us and knows our deepest thoughts and concerns. If we are just going to look back and recall all the things that have happened in our life then we can never deny the presence of guardian angels as spoken of in today's gospel. There is this very interesting detail I read with regards to the instinctual behavior of oriental breed sheep whenever they get lost. According to this study, upon sensing such a misfortune, they stop their frantic wandering and just stay still. Instead of searching the right way on their own, they prefer to sit still and just wait instead until they are found by the shepherd. This somehow explains how Jesus in today's parable left the 99 in search of the astray. In our own lives we, too experience being lost and led astray. Sometimes we are too wrapped up in our problems and miseries that we just kept on searching for ways and means to get out of it. The more we do this the more exhausted we become and the less likely we find a solution. God our Father and Good Shepherd knows exactly what we are going through and He already figured out what to do. Instead of relying on our own efforts which are obviously no match for God's plan and design we might as well stop our frantic wandering and just stay still if we want God to find us. Another interesting message in today's gospel reading is the fact that the quantity is irrelevant and looks after every person for God cares for each one of us. God wants to put emphasis on this point that He is always with us and knows our deepest thoughts and concerns. Jesus makes all things possible for we are adopted sons and daughters of God.
Amen. Hallelujah!


Matthew 18:1-5. 10. 12-14
...“See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven always look upon the face of my heavenly Father.” 12 Jesus said to his disciples: “What is your opinion? If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them goes astray, will he not leave the ninety-nine in the hills and go in search of the stray? 13 And if he finds it, amen, I say to you, he rejoices more over it than over the ninety-nine that did not stray. 14 In just the same way, it is not the will of your heavenly Father that one of these little ones be lost.”

No comments:

Post a Comment