Sunday, November 20, 2011

HEAVEN'S PHILOSOPHY

There are times when we may not be able to give a logical explanation for everything that happens to us but the truth remains that what the Lord said in today's 1st reading is true. No matter what our situations are we can always be assured that God looks after our welfare more than we ever know. Amen. Hallelujah!

Ezekiel 34:11-12, 15-17
...I myself will look after and tend my sheep. 12 As a shepherd tends his flock when he finds himself among his scattered sheep, so will I tend my sheep.

The words of God in today's readings give us an assurance that He is always there for us. He said it and He means it then so be it. There is nothing more He could possibly mean when He said that He is the Good Shepherd other than He cares for us. He never forsakes nor abandons any single one of His flock. But we have to make sure we are not misguided or deceived by a fake shepherd and really belong to the flock of sheep that Jesus shepherds. Amen. Hallelujah!

Psalm 23:1-3a, 3b-4, 5, 6 (1)
R: The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.
...In verdant pastures he gives me repose; beside restful waters he leads me; 3 he refreshes my soul. (R) He guides me in right paths for his name’s sake. 4 Even though I walk in the dark valley I fear no evil; for you are at my side with your rod and your staff that give me courage. (R) 5 You spread the table before me in the sight of my foes; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. (R) 6 Only goodness and kindness follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD for years to come.

We are victorious and reigning with Jesus. We are seated in heavenly places with Him. For God has the power, we should know no defeat only victory. Our God reigns forever more and He is victorious. To whom will we go but to the sure winner and the One who will emerge triumphant. It is all worth it and a win-win situation to give our all and surrender everything to God. Amen. Hallelujah!

1 Corinthians 15:20-26, 28
...“he subjected everything under his feet.”...

We really have to take charge of our lives and be focused on what we really want. If we want the inheritance of God then let's work our way to it. We have to let go of things that we are too attached and do something intentionally like alms giving as a form of loving our neighbor as ourselves. What we do, we don’t do for Jesus according to Mother Teresa rather we do it to Jesus. There was a story of a young man who inherited a large fortune and decided to just eat drink and be merry throughout his life. But what he was experiencing in that is depression and suicidal thoughts which he can’t get out of his dark thinking. Until one day someone suggested him to see Bishop Fulton Sheen. When they finally met, Bishop Sheen listened to him and when the young man had concluded he handed to him in a piece of paper, a telephone #. He was told to call the # and volunteer there for a year in an orphanage in Mexico. He did as he was told and after a year came back to Bishop Sheen with his attitude changed. He has experienced being with the least of his brothers and sisters. It was there that he experienced the joy and blessing of giving more than receiving. He finally discovered the meaning of his life and how to grow in love of God and neighbor completely rather than practice the philosophy of hell where we live in isolation and just for ourselves. Heaven is a communion with God and eternal fellowship with all the angels and saints. We are called to that life of communion right at this very moment so we might as well practice heaven’s philosophy. Amen. Hallelujah!

Matthew 25:31-46
...‘Amen, I say to you, what you did not do for one of these least ones, you did not do for me.’ 46 And these will go off to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment