Sunday, September 4, 2011

GOD OF SURPRISES

Yesterday we had this very blessed Growth in the Spirit Seminar (GSS) at St. Martha. Everything turned out to be a surprise for me. All the while I thought that it would be just like any other Spirit Seminars I have attended. I was wrong and even one of the organizers, Brod Pete, did not expect that a priest could come and minister to us the entire duration of the seminar. This activity is on the same day that the SCRC is currently being conducted so to be honest enough I must say that I wouldn’t had been there if I had the opportunity to be at the SCRC but I am glad I was there. We indeed have a God of surprises. Fr. Bernie Taylor gave us 2 talks and prayed over us during the in filling of the Holy Spirit. The 1st reading for today speaks of a watchman and this priest that God sent our way in an extraordinary way became for us the mouthpiece of God who filled us with God’s wisdom and love. Amen. Hallelujah!

Ezekiel 33:7-9
7 You, son of man, I have appointed watchman for the house of Israel; when you hear me say anything, you shall warn them for me.

Surely there were times when we heard and experienced the voice of God giving us “out of this world” instructions and we responded nonchalantly as if we never heard anything, refused outright and rejected it. If before we just choose to do it whichever way we wanted it without much thought from now on let us respond to God in the best way we can with hearts full of love and obedience. Amen. Hallelujah!

Psalm 95:1-2, 6-7, 8-9
R: (8) If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
...Oh, that today you would hear his voice, 8 “Harden not your hearts as at Meribah, as in the day of Massah in the desert, 9 where your fathers tempted me; they tested me though they had seen my works.”

Even the 2nd reading is a confirmation because the sum total of all the teachings for the GSS boils down to the message it tells us today. Amen. Hallelujah!

Romans 13:8-108
Brothers and sisters: Owe nothing to anyone, except to love one another; for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.

Another important thing that I have been reminded once again is the truth that to be a part of a community of believers is really valuable. The gospel today affirms and confirms it because Jesus Himself advises us to have someone whom we can pray with. Surely what He tells us is something that we can hold on and take to heart seriously. My experience yesterday, I must say is another one of the surprising ways of God to let us know more and more that His great and steadfast love for us is new every morning. The GSS which I attended yesterday is a resounding evidence of this truth. It was a day full of affirmations, confirmations and most of all felt the new anointing of the Holy Spirit falling afresh on all of us. Amen. Hallelujah!


Holy gospel from Matthew 18:15-20
...19 Again, amen, I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything for which they are to pray, it shall be granted to them by my heavenly Father. 20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”

No comments:

Post a Comment