Saturday, August 27, 2011

WE’VE GOT TALENT

I could never forget that day when my computer was bugged down but in less than 24 hours, was restored back to normal and in good running condition. This happened almost 2 years ago from now and vowed to always share this for God’s glory. In fact I already did the day before yesterday. Hendrie is the person I am talking about. He fixed my computer at that time when he was still residing in Cerritos which is almost an hour drive from our place. Everything just happened so quickly because he happened to be online and chanced upon him in the Yahoo messenger. It was really a blessing that even before my computer totally crashed he was already there giving me the necessary instructions that helped me to still keep it functioning even in safe mode. Aside from the fact that Hendrie is indeed a brilliant and talented computer fixer, I should say he was just exactly when, where and how I needed him since he was at the right time, place and situation. He told me that he will be around the area in the evening of that day it happened and offered to pick up my laptop, was able to fix it and brought it back to me within 24 hours. Everything just fell into place I must say. Since it also happened that he had to be in St. Christopher in West Covina because he is a member of the El Shaddai choir who sang in the healing mass prior to the day this happened. I must admit that if Hendrie did not come to my rescue at that particular time then my computer could have had irreversible damages. I could had been in a total mess. Those people who are close to me know how important this computer is to me especially as a tool to always keep in touch with my family in the Philippines. It all amazingly happened and undeniably worked out by an All Knowing God who sees every single thing that happens to us. I would like to borrow the words in today's 1st reading again as I had done in the past and address it to all our brothers and sisters in Christ most especially to Hendrie. Amen. Hallelujah!

1 Thessalonians 4:9-11
9 Brothers and sisters: On the subject of mutual charity you have no need for anyone to write you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another. 10 Indeed, you do this for all the brothers throughout Macedonia. Nevertheless we urge you, brothers, to progress even more, 11 and to aspire to live a tranquil life, to mind your own affairs, and to work with your own hands, as we instructed you...

At the time this incident with my computer happened, it was also the same time that I heard and was touched by the homily of Fr. Joseph Magdaong in the healing mass at St. Christopher where Hendrie was serving as singer in the choir. It has been 2 years since I heard about this story of a tailor and his needle but I would never forget and always remember it especially the perfect timing and situation when I heard it. This tailor who was about to die spoke his last and they were these words, "Give me my key to heaven." At first those people who were there and heard him did not understand what he was talking about until they realized that he was asking for his needle. In the same way we must have our own keys in heaven as we try to examine ourselves and find out what is it in our life that can be compared to that needle in a tailor's life or our special talents that we can offer to God. I could still very well remember that I was on the verge of tears upon hearing that because I immediately thought of this computer that I am using to spread the word of God through my everyday reflections on the word of God that I write and share to others through e mail. I am just full of gratitude and joy in my heart for all the amazing things that God had done especially of the fact that this computer which I consider the needle in my life remained in perfect condition since that time on. Amen. Hallelujah!

P S A L M Psalm 98:1. 7-8. 9
R: The Lord comes to rule the earth with justice.
1 Sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done wondrous deeds; his right hand has won victory for him, his holy arm. (R) 7 Let the sea and what fills it resound, the world and those who dwell in it; 8 let the rivers clap their hands, the mountains shout with them for joy

In today's parable we learn that a man went on a journey, called in his servants and entrusted his possessions to them. To one he gave five talents; to another, two; to a third, one — to each according to his ability. After a long time the master of those servants came back and settled accounts with them. The one who had received five talents came forward bringing the additional five and the one who had received two talents also came forward and did the same. They both doubled their talents but the one who received one talent, he just buried it in the ground and gave it back. The master's reaction to the first 2 servants who doubled their talents were expected because he was glad that they were faithful in small matters so he told them that he will entrust them with great responsibilities and invited them to share in his joy. But to the 3rd servant his reaction was quite unexpected because he was addressed with very harsh words such as wicked and lazy which are seldom used in the New Testament. He was called wicked because he did nothing. If we can still recall, Jesus told us the story of Lazarus and the rich man in Luke 16:19-31. The rich man went to hell not because he did something wrong but because he did nothing to help Lazarus who is right outside his door. Doing nothing is wicked. We can lose so much to the point where we deserve hell. We all have responsibilities in our hands and we have to fulfill them by trusting that God is with us. Hey, we've got talent thus we can do all things through Him. Amen. Hallelujah!

Matthew 25:14-30
...‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I did not plant and gather where I did not scatter? 27 Should you not then have put my money in the bank so that I could have got it back with interest on my return? 28 Now then! Take the talent from him and give it to the one with ten. 29 For to everyone who has, more will be given and he will grow rich; but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 30

No comments:

Post a Comment