Tuesday, August 23, 2011

BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST

A couple of years ago I had a serious concern that bothered our brothers and sisters in the community. It even came to a point that they are willing to really go out of their boundaries just to help me out. Looking back at all those things that happened I could still feel the love, concern and all out support of these people. God is indeed present in these brothers and sisters who are not far in comparison to these followers of Jesus in today's 1st reading. Amen. Hallelujah!

1 Thessalonians 2:1-8
...Rather, we were gentle among you, as a nursing mother cares for her children. 8 With such affection for you, we were determined to share with you not only the gospel of God, but our very selves as well, so dearly beloved had you become to us...

Nothing is ever hidden from you, Oh. Lord!

Psalm 139:1-3. 4-6
R: You have searched me and you know me, Lord.
1 O LORD, you have probed me and you know me; 2 you know when I sit and when I stand; you understand my thoughts from afar. 3 My journeys and my rest you scrutinize, with all my ways you are familiar. (R) 4 Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know the whole of it. 5 Behind me and before, you hem me in and rest your hand upon me. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; too lofty for me to attain. (R)

Sometimes we are too focused and disturbed about something that we tend to forget the more important or essential thing. The gospel for today is telling us exactly that. We should always put God in the center of everything we do. Or we should always keep in mind that Jesus knows all our motivations and intentions. Whenever we act on it we should be able to confidently say that Jesus is very pleased with it. We should be able to honestly and confidently admit to God that our actions are based on what is truly pleasing to Him. Amen. Hallelujah!

Matthew 23:23-26
23 Jesus said: “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites. You pay tithes of mint and dill and cumin, and have neglected the weightier things of the law: judgment and mercy and fidelity. But these you should have done, without neglecting the others. 24 Blind guides, who strain out the gnat and swallow the camel! 25 “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites. You cleanse the outside of cup and dish, but inside they are full of plunder and self-indulgence. 26 Blind Pharisee, cleanse first the inside of the cup, so that the outside also may be clean.”



No comments:

Post a Comment