Saturday, June 25, 2011

NEVER DOUBT JUST BELIEVE

Since I arrived here in the US in May 19, 2007 I never had a single hair cut. My hair has grown so long that a lot of people have noticed it already. It has been more than 4 years since then and my hair has gotten so long. Although I tie it all the time there are some people who know how long it has become and have been convincing me to have it cut. I remained firm in my decision to have my hair cut only when God has granted my long time prayer and request. I just can’t make some people understand why I have to do what I am doing. I’ve had several affirmations with regards to this decision of mine and today’s 1st reading is one of them. It serves as an encouragement and reminder that God is able to carry out what He said He would do. It is on this account that I remain firm in what I have committed to do. I personally felt God's assurance with regards to it. I could still remember exactly 2 years ago when Bernadeth and I were at Chinatown and later on at Japanese Village together with Sis Rose whom we have accompanied for an appointment. Bernadeth was browsing over the rack of clothes and her fashion sense started to get the better of her when she started pointing out some clothes that I should buy and would fit me and again asked when I plan to have my hair cut. When I told her soon once the promise is fulfilled, she laughed and said, "Yeah, you're right and when will that be?" I can not blame her for saying that since it has been quite a long time already since she's been hearing me say these things and until now it has not happened yet. I just answered her that only God knows. She laughed even more when I said that, so I asked her, "Why are you laughing, are you doubting that God knows everything.?" To my surprise the 1st reading today happened to be the exact reading immediately on the day after that incident. It speaks of Sarah laughing at the impossibility of what was said to her but it had been fulfilled. It is for this reason that I continue to give praise, honor and glory to God who is without a doubt able to do marvelous things. Amen. Hallelujah!

Genesis 18:1-15

...13 But the LORD said to Abraham: “Why did Sarah laugh and say, ‘Shall I really bear a child, old as I am?’ 14 Is anything too marvelous for the LORD to do? At the appointed time, about this time next year, I will return to you, and Sarah will have a son.” 15 Because she was afraid, Sarah dissembled, saying, “I didn’t laugh.” But he said, “Yes you did.”

Things may still be not looking up and turning out the way we expected it to happen but we can always be assured of a God of mercy who always fulfills His promise. Amen. Hallelujah!


P S A L M


Luke 1:46-47. 48-49. 50 and 53. 54-55

R: The Lord has remembered his mercy.

46 “My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord, 47 my spirit rejoices in God my savior.” (R) 48 “For he has looked with favor on his lowly servant...“He has come to the help of his servant, for he has remembered his promise of mercy,...

All we have to do is have faith, never doubt and just believe and it will be done for us. Amen. Hallelujah!

Matthew 8:5-17

...“Lord, I am not worthy to have you enter under my roof; only say the word and my servant will be healed. 9 For I too am a person subject to authority, with soldiers subject to me. And I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come here,’ and he comes; and to my slave, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.” 10 When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Amen, I say to you, in no one in Israel have I found such faith...And Jesus said to the centurion, “You may go; as you have believed, let it be done for you.” ...

No comments:

Post a Comment