Friday, June 3, 2011

LOCK & KEY

When we went for a walk yesterday, I felt so light and vibrant unlike the previous day when I felt so sluggish and lazy. It was like I was ready to walk miles and go anywhere without feeling tired. Another surprise and amusing thing happened when I just found myself buying something that I’ve been wanting to buy for a long time. When I finally found it, I immediately grabbed it because it was on sale. All the while I thought it costs cheap but turned out to be much cheaper. When I used the award card I got and just intended to add a few more bucks to pay the remaining balance I was surprised to find out that I didn’t even consume the entire amount and has left more than half of it. When my friends found out how much it costs they themselves were amazed. They all said the same thing, “I am blessed to always find something really good.” With this happening we should no longer have doubts that God wants us to have the good things in life. There is no reason to be afraid, was just singing about it this morning and happens to be what the 1st reading is telling us today. Isn't it amazing, how God makes things fall into place and fit into a lock and key combination. It is a consolation to know that God got us covered. If we have truly dedicated and offered every aspect in our life to God then we can be assured that nothing can harm us. Although we encounter problems and difficulties in life and become afraid of the circumstances that surround us we can always choose to rejoice in the Lord knowing that He is able to defeat all the works of enemy and has already won for us our victory. Amen. Hallelujah!

Acts 18:9-18
9 One night in a vision the Lord said to Paul, “Do not be afraid. Go on speaking, and do not be silent, 10 for I am with you. No one will attack and harm you,...

There are lots of insights and opinions that could be brought up and help pave the way for a broader understanding of God's word. Different points of view and personal observations could be raised which could make us realize that when looked at the specific angle where the person who said it was coming from can never be judged as wrong. We all have this personal differences and unique characteristics but what's most important is that we recognize our inadequacies that even if we fail to fully embody the infinite wisdom and intelligence of God and just reflect a tiny bit of that but when put together under the lordship of God our King can amount to some thing really inspiring and great. When we contribute to the wholeness of God's people and become one then indeed, we are the body of the Church and the temple of God where God reigns as the Head and King. We have a wonderful God worthy of all praise. Amen. Hallelujah!

Psalm 47:2-3. 4-5. 6-7
R: God is king of all the earth.
1 [2] All you peoples, clap your hands, shout to God with cries of gladness, 2 [3] for the LORD, the Most High, the awesome, is the great king over all the earth.

As we gradually become assimilated in the body of Christ, truly become the Church of God and the living temple then we emerge as fully built and restored that nothing can ever take away nor destroy the sanctuary of God that lives in the depths of our hearts. As that time comes when we become one with God and all things have come to light then we fulfill in our lives the words that Jesus said in today's gospel. If for any reason you are lonely and sad then you should rejoice and be glad. Amen. Hallelujah!

John 16:20-23
...But I will see you again, and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy away from you. 23 On that day you will not question me about anything. Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment