Friday, May 20, 2011

IT’S ONE OR THE OTHER

The promise of God will always press on to fulfillment. We are God's child. This is a reality that we should be aware of at all times. This truth allows us to build within our souls a refuge that no storm or tribulation could ever disturb. It serves as a room into which we can be alone with God and find peace as we maintain communication and a life of prayer. Sometimes we tend to forget this life giving truth that we are God's child. We go to mass daily and go through the routine and rituals of our Christian life. But as soon as it is over, we go out to the world and confront the daily anxieties and chaos around us we immediately find ourselves throwing God out of the window. There is to be this constant place within us that we could find serenity deep in our hearts and experience the peace that comes from the Lord. Amen. Hallelujah!

Acts 13:26-33
...We ourselves are proclaiming this good news to you that what God promised our ancestors 33 he has brought to fulfillment for us, their children, by raising up Jesus, as it is written in the second psalm, ‘You are my son; this day I have begotten you.’”

Remove all traces of fear and doubt for our God is able. This reality in today's psalm should not leave our consciousness every waking moment of our lives. Amen. Hallelujah!

Psalm 2:6-7, 8-9, 10-11ab
R: You are my Son; this day I have begotten you.
...“Ask of me and I will give you the nations for an inheritance and the ends of the earth for your possession. 9 You shall rule them with an iron rod; you shall shatter them like an earthen dish.” (R) 10 And now, O kings, give heed; take warning, you rulers of the earth. 11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice before him; with trembling rejoice.

I thank God for all the people He sends my way and uses to be instruments of His love, care and concern. These past few days have been very significant because of the special circumstances and events that made possible for sisters in our community to get together and bond as a family of God. It is like a constant reminder of this bible verse in today's gospel and assurance that He is always in control and in charge. Today's gospel is a consoling truth for us who believes in Jesus, the Son of God. For those who do not, then life would all be meaningless in the end. If this present life that we have in this world is the only thing we hold on to then we are the most pathetic people ever known. There is a great schism going on daily within our midst, of people who know, believe and live the truth and those who do not. Those who are in between do not exist or are considered gone as the Lord said in Revelation 3:16, "So, because you are lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth." It's one or the other. I just hope that all of us have a clear, genuine and broad understanding of this mind blowing but awesome reality and live it in our lives. Amen. Hallelujah!

John 14:1-6

1 Jesus said to his disciples: “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me. 2 In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be. 4 Where I am going you know the way.” 5 Thomas said to him, “Master, we do not know where you are going; how can we know the way?” 6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment