Wednesday, May 4, 2011

ANGEL OF GOD

We may not be physically behind bars but all of us are sometimes trapped in our own prison cells. It may be caused by our own doing, others who oppress us or the circumstances that surround us. But whatever kind of prison we may all have, it is always a consolation to know that God sends His angels to set us free. The more we learn about our faith the more we are all freed. St. Jerome said, "Ignorance of the bible is ignorance of Christ." Our lack of the proper knowledge could be considered a prison that hinders us from loving God better. The good news is that we can always choose to be set free for Jesus already bailed us out a long time ago. Another thing I am reminded of today's 1st reading is the angel imprinted on my rose petal. Although I wasn't in prison like the apostles, things weren't going too well for me during that time when I got the rose petal. Somehow it made me realize how much God loves me by sending an angel not just to set me free but to make me feel that I am being watched and cared for. Amen. Hallelujah!

Acts 5:17-26
17 The high priest rose up and all his companions, that is, the party of the Sadducees, and, filled with jealousy, 18 laid hands upon the apostles and put them in the public jail. 19 But during the night, the angel of the Lord opened the doors of the prison, led them out, and said, 20 “Go and take your place in the temple area, and tell the people everything about this life.”...

It's been a while since I got the rose petal from a healing service. It has served as a testimony of God’s abiding love. I have no doubt in my mind that God will always deliver me from all my fears. I always keep my rose petal with me and show it to almost everyone I meet, as a way of propagating God's goodness to me. Amen. Hallelujah!

Psalm 34:2-3. 4-5. 6-7. 8-9
R: The Lord hears the cry of the poor.
...In my misfortune I called, the LORD heard and saved me from all distress.
...The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them...

God in today's gospel proclaims the summary of His great love that is being conveyed in the bible. If God suffered His only Son for our sake. I do believe that everything is possible with Him and there is really no doubt that He can move the heavens and the earth that even the simplest task of sending His angels to guard and protect is something that God is really able to do. When will we allow this truth to get through our thick heads and really sink deep into our system. So that we will no longer doubt His great love for us. Who among you parents would be willing to sacrifice their own child for the sin of another? God did that and shed very precious blood for our salvation.Amen. Hallelujah!

John 3:16-21
...16 God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life...

No comments:

Post a Comment