Friday, February 25, 2011

WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS

We should value our friends with all our hearts. They are God's gifts to us. It is through them that we feel the love of God for us. A true and faithful friend is the manifestation of God's friendship for us. Praise and thank God for such friends that He brings to our life. Amen. Hallelujah!

Sirach 6:5-17
...A faithful friend is a sturdy shelter; he who finds one finds a treasure. 15 A faithful friend is beyond price, no sum can balance his worth. 16 A faithful friend is a life-saving remedy, such as he who fears God finds; 17 for he who fears God behaves accordingly, and his friend will be like himself.

What a friend we have in Jesus. He is never amiss on anything. Let us not hesitate to reach out to Him for in Him we find a true friend who is ready to help us. If we come to Him at all times for guidance and direction, He will always be there to take our hand and lead us to the right path. Amen. Hallelujah!

Psalms 119:12, 16, 18, 27, 34, 35
R: Guide me, Lord, in the way of your commands.
12 Blessed are you, O LORD; teach me your statutes. (R) 16 In your statutes I will delight; I will not forget your words. (R) 18 Open my eyes, that I may consider the wonders of your law. (R) 27 Make me understand the way of your precepts, and I will meditate on your wondrous deeds. (R) 34 Give me discernment, that I may observe your law and keep it with all my heart. (R) 35 Lead me in the path of your commands, for in it I delight.

God's laws and commands are always perfect. There is no doubt about it. We just have to follow what He tells us to do and we will see as we go about with our lives that there is no other way we would rather have it. There are times when we question and wanted to have things our way but there is no other way. We'll just have to trust God no matter how difficult things may seem to be for in the end we will see that only Jesus can make all things beautiful. We should trust not ourselves but rather trust Him for He is most able to do it. Amen. Hallelujah!

Mark 10:1-12
...But Jesus told them, “Because of the hardness of your hearts he wrote you this commandment. 6 But from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female. 7 For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother [and be joined to his wife], 8 and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh. 9 Therefore what God has joined together, no human being must separate.”

No comments:

Post a Comment