Friday, February 4, 2011

SWEET & MARVELOUS

I was just talking to a friend this morning and we went as far as being close to tears as we got carried away with our emotions. We were just assuring each other that despite of all the trials and difficulties we go through in life we can never deny that God has been with us every single step of the way. What a surprise that today's 1st reading is a confirmation of it. It is very reassuring how God works in sweet and marvelous ways. Amen. Hallelujah!

Hebrews 13:1-8
...Let your life be free from love of money but be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never forsake you or abandon you.” 6 Thus we may say with confidence: “The Lord is my helper, [and] I will not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?”

It looks like the Lord just keeps on giving us ways and means to let us know how greatly He cares and loves us. The love of Jesus is indeed sweet and marvelous, higher than the sky, deeper than the ocean and wider than the universe. It seems like we just can't get enough of it that after the 1st reading today's psalm is another confirmation. Amen. Hallelujah!

Psalm 27:1, 3, 5, 8-9
R: The Lord is my light and my salvation.
...The LORD is my life’s refuge; of whom should I be afraid? (R) 3 Though an army encamp against me, my heart will not fear; though war be waged upon me, even then will I trust. (R) 5 For he will hide me in his abode in the day of trouble; he will conceal me in the shelter of his tent, he will set me high upon a rock.

It is just very sad that despite the many times God tries to convey His love to us, we still sometimes back away. We've got to stand firm, hold our ground and not give in to the world's pressures. Let us not end up like Herod who came as close to knowing what is righteousness and holiness but never really got to the doing and acting part. In the Philippines we have a habit of calling people names. For someone to be called Herod or Herodes means being really naughty and bad. We may all claim to know what is right but we have to realize that we may never be able to come to a point where we can claim to be a better person than Herod. We may have this impression that we are far better Christians than any of the others we know but we may be wrong. For all we know we are not far from being like Herod or much worse. Let's us hope not. For there is really more to being a Christian than what we actually know. Amen. Hallelujah!

Mark 6:14-29
...Herod feared John, knowing him to be a righteous and holy man, and kept him in custody. When he heard him speak he was very much perplexed, yet he liked to listen to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment