Friday, December 24, 2010

TRUE TO HIS WORD

This prophecy of Samuel explains why Jesus was often referred to in the scriptures as Son of David. The long history of the chosen people of God speaks of a Messiah whom they have long waited for. The more we get familiar with the scriptures the better our understanding of the prophecies from the Old Testament in connection with the New Testament. The deeper we know more about them the better our amazement and appreciation of how God works in mysterious, wonderful and miraculous ways. The long span of more than a thousand years that dates way back to the time of Abraham to the time of Jesus speaks of God's faithfulness to His covenant with His people. We can always count on God to carry out the plans He has for His people and always be true to His word. Amen. Hallelujah!

2 Samuel 7:1-5, 8b-12, 14a, 16
...And when your time comes and you rest with your ancestors, I will raise up your heir after you, sprung from your loins, and I will make his kingdom firm. 14 I will be a father to him, and he shall be a son to me. 16 Your house and your kingdom shall endure forever before me; your throne shall stand firm forever.’


If we enter into agreement with any person we have to make sure that we are able to fulfill it and vice versa for the person whom we make a contract with. It is so disappointing when things do not turn out the way it should be and terms and conditions are not followed. I guess, we have all encountered mishaps and are dismayed along the way. It is always best that if there's someone whom we should observe and maintain a covenant with then there should be no other but God. For His words and promises will always remain true. As in Habakkuk 2:2-3, "Write down the vision clearly upon the tablets, so that one can read it readily. For the vision still has its time, presses on to fulfillment, and will not disappoint; If it delays, wait for it, it will surely come, it will not be late." We can be assured that His covenant will last and stand firm. Amen. Hallelujah!


Psalm 89:2-3, 4-5, 27, 29
R: For ever I will sing the goodness of the Lord.
1 [2] The favors of the LORD I will sing forever; through all generations my mouth shall proclaim your faithfulness. 2 [3] For you have said, “My kindness is established forever”; in heaven you have confirmed your faithfulness. (R) 3 [4] “I have made a covenant with my chosen one, I have sworn to David my servant: 4 [5] Forever will I confirm your posterity and establish your throne for all generations.” (R) 26 [27] “He shall say of me, ‘You are my father, my God, the rock, my savior.’ 28 [29] Forever I will maintain my kindness toward him, and my covenant with him stands firm.”

We can't save ourselves. We live in a dark world and need Jesus Christ. The coming of Jesus to earth is the beginning of this Kingdom of God. We are destined in the fullness of time to be in perfect communion with Christ and bring to fulfillment the Kingdom. This Christmas we embrace this joy of having Jesus come to us who restored what had been broken by sin in order for us to enter into a new and deeper relationship with God. Amen. Hallelujah!


Luke 1:67-79
...the tender mercy of our God by which the daybreak from on high will visit us 79 to shine on those who sit in darkness and death’s shadow, to guide our feet into the path of peace.”

No comments:

Post a Comment