Wednesday, December 1, 2010

RATIO & PROPORTION

Have we given it some serious thought? During those times when we almost hit rock bottom and looked like everything is a dead end as if nothing good is ever going to happen but managed to make it through, still standing to this day. We may not be fully aware of it but in all those things God is always there for us. It is just a matter of drawing ourselves really close to God so that we can feel Him better in the midst of the so many stimuli that constantly compete to catch our attention. We have a tendency to underplay the role of God in our lives because we are not focused on Him. It is time we give credit to whom it is due. As today's 1st reading suggests to us, we really have to behold and look to God so that we will truly see. Amen. Hallelujah!

Isaiah 25:6-10a
...“Behold our God, to whom we looked to save us! This is the LORD for whom we looked; let us rejoice and be glad that he has saved us!” ...

There is one thing sure if we hold on to God as a sheep to the Good Shepherd, we will never be disappointed. Amen. Hallelujah!


Psalm 23:1-3a, 3b-4, 5, 6
R: I shall live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life.
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 In verdant pastures he gives me repose; beside restful waters he leads me; 3 he refreshes my soul. (R) He guides me in right paths for his name’s sake. 4 Even though I walk in the dark valley I fear no evil; for you are at my side with your rod and your staff that give me courage. (R) 5 You spread the table before me in the sight of my foes; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. (R) 6 Only goodness and kindness follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD for years to come.


In today's gospel, all they've got is the seven loaves and few fish which is nothing in proportion to the great crowd that Jesus wanted to feed. Well, I guess ratio and proportion does not apply to the limitless power of God. We may think that we are in a desperate situation or we are a hopeless case. We must not underestimate what God can do. We just have to go to God "as is where is" just like any other junk material that can be bought in whatever condition, God will take us exactly as we are and do the necessary work and miracle for us. Amen. Hallelujah!


Matthew 15:29-37
...Jesus said to them, “How many loaves do you have?” “Seven,” they replied, “and a few fish.” 35 He ordered the crowd to sit down on the ground. 36 Then he took the seven loaves and the fish, gave thanks, broke the loaves, and gave them to the disciples, who in turn gave them to the crowds. 37 They all ate and were satisfied. They picked up the fragments left over — seven baskets full.

No comments:

Post a Comment