Saturday, April 28, 2018

REDISCOVER CATHOLICISM

There are certain issues in our faith that we need to clarify and be confident of. We need to face them and clear things up rather than remain unsure about it. When we encounter people who are not well informed about these things we need to do all in our power to correct them and guide them to the truth. If we ourselves are not clear about it how can we guide them? Just like Barnabas in today’s 1st reading we have a responsibility in our hands that we must not take for granted because it concerns not just them but all of us. When everything has been said and done then we can be ready to face our God anytime. Amen. Hallelujah!

Acts 9:26-31
When Saul arrived in Jerusalem he tried to join the disciples, but they were all afraid of him, not believing that he was a disciple. Then Barnabas took charge of him and brought him to the apostles, and he reported to them how he had seen the Lord, and that he had spoken to him, and how in Damascus he had spoken out boldly in the name of Jesus...The church throughout all Judea, Galilee, and Samaria was at peace. It was being built up and walked in the fear of the Lord, and with the consolation of the Holy Spirit it grew in numbers.

An artist works his way through a piece of art like a clay and marble by molding and shaping it into a masterpiece. It is a painful and difficult process of change and transformation. Just like clay and marble being molded and chipped away.  When we go through life and experience its different struggles we become one with Jesus in His suffering. If we understand the reason for human existence, the older people get the greater should be the respect they get. Each and every step is imbued with the power of the Master. We need to walk the way that Jesus walked. The easiest way is God's way. The pain of the cross is essential. There is no other way since there is a pedagogical structure in suffering or the cross wherein only greatness comes forth. Whenever we reach a point where we feel like we can no longer hold on and about to give up then we must not forget that our God is always with us ready to help us. If He was able to suffer His only Son on the Cross for our sake then there is really nothing else He can not do for us. Our security lies in the knowledge that God is always with us. We should always have this hope in a God who loves us so much that He sacrificed His only begotten Son to the point of a humiliating and gruesome death so that we can start a new life with Him full of joy and prosperity. If we decide for God in what we say or do in all circumstances then we can surely experience the joy and happiness that God has in store for His faithful people. If we are all set and very sure where we are headed then nothing can stop us from being there. Considering, too that we have a God who has secured a place and our future for us. John 14:1-3, " Jesus said to his disciples: “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me. In my Father’s house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be." Nothing or no one can prevent us unless we ourselves decide not to go. The truth is, it's all up to us. If we decide for God in what we say or do in all circumstances then we can surely experience the joy and happiness that God has in store for His faithful people. Amen. Hallelujah!

Ps 22:26-27, 28, 30, 31-32

R. (26a) I will praise you, Lord, in the assembly of your people.
All the ends of the earth
shall remember and turn to the LORD;
all the families of the nations
shall bow down before him

I am reminded of this book entitled, “Rediscover Catholicism” by Matthew Kelly. It has reinforced and confirmed the teachings I have learned from various resources and references I have access and made me feel more confident of my faith and in the Catholic Church. I am overwhelmed by the vast opportunities that come my way and paved the way for my being able to access these kinds of information like they were being offered to me in a silver platter. There are so many things that affect our decisions and actions in life. It is sometimes so difficult to reconcile these things that we ought to do with the things we are actually doing. There is a need for us to make a conscious and determined effort to always remain in the Lord. The 1st reading for today sounds so simple and easy to understand and yet we still end up at times unable to keep the Lord’s commandments. We have to utilize all means in order to carry out the task and mission of one who truly belongs to God. I could never forget when Sister Ester entrusted to me 2 envelopes containing money and checks for donation to the Immaculate Mary Queen of Heaven Missionaries (IMQHM) It so happened that I was in a hurry that I did not notice these envelopes fell from my bag. We already went home,  took a bath, got ready to go to church and were on our way to Sister Marcy's place to hand her over these envelopes when I found out that the envelopes were gone. I couldn't find them in my bag. I was relieved to find one envelope on the floor of the car but the other one was really nowhere to be found. That was then when I realized that I could have dropped it, as to where, that I still had to figure out. The first thing we did was rush back home and retraced my steps from the parking to my room but still it could not be found. My last resort was to go back to the bank but it's been almost 11/2 hours since I've been there and chances were that if I really dropped it there somebody could have picked it up already since it is a very busy street where people frequently walk to and from the bank since it is just across the parking lot. Another thing is that, the envelope can really attract people since it is color red, with chinese characters and the name of the bank on it, and is obviously a money envelope since it is the one that is being used by people during the holiday seasons to place gifts in the form of money. Anyway, we just prayed and called on the help and assistance of God through His mighty choir of angels and saints for we know that only a miracle can help us.  Indeed, God is faithful for the moment we drove in front of the bank and looked at the spot where I got off, there it was lying on the road, still sealed and intact, of course with the money still safely secured. Amen. Hallelujah!


1 John 3:18-24
...our love is not to be just words or mere talk , but something real and active ; only by this can we be certain that we are children of the truth...God is greater than our conscience and he knows everything. My dear people, if we cannot be condemned by our own conscience, we need not be afraid in God's presence, and whatever we ask Him, we shall receive, because we keep His commandments and live the kind of life that He wants...


Every tree that bears fruit undergo pruning in order for it to bear more fruit. The same with our lives there are times when we think that we are doing what is pleasing to God but we are still beset with a lot of problems. There seems to be no end to it but we must realize that in order for us to continue and persevere we have to be tested and stand firm in our faith in God. We have to be stimulated constantly in order for us to be always on the go and active for God and inevitably bearing much fruit. Satan, the ruler of this world is taking over by means of his lies and deception. From the very beginning he has no power over Jesus Christ. When he has taken over Judas it was through a lie disguised in a kiss. When Judas lied and said to Jesus, "Is it I, Lord?" he led Jesus to death by deception with a kiss. Satan is still in this world but he has no power over Jesus even when it seemed as if Satan has defeated Jesus.  With Pilate's cynicisms when he asked, "What is truth?" and the existing government's inability at that time to protect the innocent. Jesus can have power over us. Satan can have power over us. Will we allow Jesus Christ to have power over us and defeat the role of evil in our life? That decision between good and evil, truth and deception, death and life is ours to make. Do we follow Him or not? Once again, it's all up to us. Amen. Hallelujah!

John 15:1-8
...Remain in me, as I remain in you. Just as a branch cannot bear fruit on its own unless it remains on the vine, so neither can you unless you remain in me. 5 I am the vine, you are the branches. Whoever remains in me and I in him will bear much fruit, because without me you can do nothing. 6 Anyone who does not remain in me will be thrown out like a branch and wither; people will gather them and throw them into a fire and they will be burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. 8 By this is my Father glorified, that you bear much fruit and become my disciples.”



No comments:

Post a Comment