Sunday, January 23, 2011

THE BATTLE IS ON

We can not deny the fact that we all have a darkness lurking within us. It could be in the form of a sickness, financial problem, stressed relationship with family or a loved one and a work problem that cause heartaches. The good news is that we have already been saved by God. There’s no need to be tied down to this darkness for the light of God has shone. Amen. Hallelujah!

Isaiah 8:23-9:3
The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; upon those who dwelt in the land of gloom a light has shone. 2 You have brought them abundant joy and great rejoicing, as they rejoice before you as at the harvest, as men make merry when dividing spoils. 3 For the yoke that burdened them, the pole on their shoulder, and the rod of their taskmaster you have smashed


Psalm 27:1, 4, 13-14
R: The Lord is my light and my salvation.
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom should I fear? The LORD is my life’s refuge; of whom should I be afraid? (R) 4 One thing I ask of the LORD; this I seek: to dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, that I may gaze on the loveliness of the LORD and contemplate his temple. (R) 13 I believe that I shall see the bounty of the LORD in the land of the living. 14 Wait for the LORD with courage; be stouthearted, and wait for the LORD.


We all belong to Christ and there should be no divisions among us. Although this is something that is very difficult to achieve at times because of differences in the personalities of people but we can always strive to do our best. We know that Christ died not just for a selected few but for all. He loves us all without any partiality. Let us not look on the weaknesses of each one but rather magnify the goodness that every person has and avoid making comparisons for the saving power of the cross is offered to us all. The value of the cross embedded in us is worth more than all the shortcomings and deficiencies we have. Amen. Hallelujah!

1 Corinthians 1:10-13, 17
10 I urge you, brothers and sisters, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree in what you say, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and in the same purpose. 11 For it has been reported to me about you, my brothers, by Chloe’s people, that there are rivalries among you. 12 I mean that each of you is saying, “I belong to Paul,” or “I belong to Apollos,” or “I belong to Kephas,” or “I belong to Christ.” 13 Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 17 For Christ did not send me to baptize but to preach the gospel, and not with the wisdom of human eloquence, so that the cross of Christ might not be emptied of its meaning.

Maintaining a physically fit and healthy body is not an easy task. We may have seen athletes train really hard in most days of the week or even everyday just to achieve their goals. Sometimes when we do make a decision to embark on an exercise program there are times when we feel so sluggish and feels like we just want to sit back and relax. We know for a fact that if we want to see results we have to commit to a fitness regimen and follow it strictly. Although there are some issues with regards to some really obese people who were thought to have the fat genes and are more predisposed to being fat which I guess would make things more difficult for some people to really stay in tip top shape, physically speaking. But we have also seen extremely obese people who were able to win the battle of the bulge. Their determination and dedication really paid well. Although for some there are those who yo-yo back to their old shape so it is not just about committing to it for a certain period of time but for life. It just dawned on me that aiming for a spiritually fit and healthy body works in a similar way. Although we have already been endowed by God with the gift of eternal life the battle for our souls does not stop. Though, we have been purchased for a price by God’s own Son who gave His life and shed His blood on the cross. The enemy who has been defeated just doesn’t want to give up. We can only marvel at its persistence in getting a hold of our souls. We just have to always be in touch with the truth and never let it slip our minds. We are destined for the Kingdom of God right now and that is to come. Amen. Hallelujah!

Matthew 4:12-23
…the people who sit in darkness have seen a great light, on those dwelling in a land overshadowed by death light has arisen.” 17 From that time on, Jesus began to preach and say, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

No comments:

Post a Comment